Quantcast

Friday, October 7, 2016

The Bookalicious Babe is Going on Vacation! And Yes, I'll be Bringing Books

This is the first time in years that I have taken a deliberate break from blogging.  I'll be enjoying myself with friends, drinking wine and soaking up the beauty of Italy.  In the meantime, I will be reposting reviews from the past few years on books that were favorites of mine.

October is one of those months where I really love to hunker down and begin my cold weather reading.  I especially love to read slightly darker, more paranormally (not an actual word, but I'm going with it) novels.  It's just a short hop to Christmas, too.  I'm a sucker for a fun Christmas romance.  

With the advent of e-readers, most people who travel just take that with them, and read on the go.  I'm a bit of an old fashioned creature, and I prefer having paperbacks with me when I travel.  They don't need recharging, I can read them anywhere, and I usually will leave them behind when I'm finished.  I have two with me on the plane, and the rest packed in my luggage.  I sit down, buckle up, and start reading.  

So what am I taking with me on this trip?  I've been wanting to start the Jim Butcher series The Codex Alera, so book one: The Furies of Calderon is coming with me.  I'm a fan of Heather Graham's Krewe of Hunters series and I've got three to read; I'm a bit behind!  Another series I really enjoy is Simon Green's Ghost Finders.  It's darker, for sure, but I love it.  It would make a pretty good BBC series.  And I just might toss in a romance to even it all out.




















 Luckily, I am traveling with friends who are equally enamored with books and reading--we all met working at a bookstore, so I think you'll probably understand our mindset.  

And who knows, my e-reader may just come with me, too.  

I'll be back with fresh reviews in a few weeks! Ciao!

1 comment :